March 23rd, 2017
2014 stats are in: Kickstarter By The Numbers
Kickstarter | January 16, 2015
In 2014, 22,252 projects were successfully funded on Kickstarter. That’s more creative projects than ever before.
- $529 million was pledged to Kickstarter projects last year. That's more than $1,000 a minute.
- Last year, 2,202,171 people backed a project for the first time.
- 773,824 people backed more than one project;
- 71,478 people backed more than 10 projects; and
- 1,125 people backed more than 100 projects.
August had the most Successfully funded projects, by month:
Time of day
Wednesday was the most popular day for pledges.
Early afternoon was one of the most popular times to pledge.
What about Canadians?
Approx 170 thousand backers pledged $27.65 million
The National Crowdfunding Association of Canada (NCFA Canada) is a cross-Canada crowdfunding hub providing education, advocacy and networking opportunities in the rapidly evolving crowdfunding industry. NCFA Canada is a community-based, membership-driven entity that was formed at the grass roots level to fill a national need in the market place. Join our growing network of industry stakeholders, fundraisers and investors. Learn more About Us | Crowdfunding | Support