2nd Annual 2016 Canadian Crowdfunding Summit (#CCS2016)
2nd Annual 2016 Canadian Crowdfunding Summit
Join us at the foremost destination for leaders in the Canadian Crowdfunding economy (#CCS2016)
VIP Networking Reception
March 2, 2016 (5:30 - 7:30pm)
Location: The Spoke Club (Portland Room)
Location: 600 King St. W, Toronto, ON M5V 1M3 (map)
March 3, 2016 (7:30am – 7:00pm)
Location: MaRS Discovery District (Auditorium)
Address: 101 College St., Toronto, ON, M5G 1L7 (map)
Limited Tickets - Get Yours Today! (> 85% SOLD!)
Registration and credit card processing fees included in price. 13% HST to be added
Summit Website and Registration:
#CCS2016 CONFERENCE OVERVIEW: THE FUTURE IS NOW
With the newly released equity crowdfunding regulations across Canada and the emergence of marketplace lending and investment bank 2.0 platforms, 2016 is anticipated to be a year of exponential growth.
The 2nd Annual 2016 Canadian Crowdfunding Summit (#CCS2016) will be held on March 3 in Toronto at MaRS Discovery and will highlight a national spectrum of the foremost leaders, innovators, investors and enablers in the Canadian crowdfunding, fintech and alternative finance markets.
Once a year RARE opportunity to participate and engage in this dynamic industry and become part of the growing FUTURE OF CROWDFUNDING --> NOW.
- Full day of curated educational programming, executive round tables, networking and partnership opportunities
- All the hot button topics required to successful navigate markets, vendors and online financing transactions for companies, investors and industry
- High profile keynotes and over 70+ speakers, 30+ round table discussions, TEDx style inspiration, and meet & greets including the Ontario Securities Commission!
- 12 pre/post-revenue pitching companies (view finalists)
The Canadian Crowdfunding Industry's National Conference
The #CCS2016 full-day educational summit will feature high profile keynote speakers, panel discussions, workshops, entrepreneurial pitches, mentor sessions and exhibitor tables featuring leading crowdfunding platforms and service providers. The program will cover all emerging topics in crowdfunding, alternative finance and early-stage financing including:
What you can expect:
- Learn vital content from Canadian and international crowdfunding experts, covering all models of crowdfunding (alternative finance, fintech);
- Highlight economic progress, regulatory updates, emerging opportunities, best practices, trends & insights;
- Deliver workshops on alternative finance crowdfunding models and hot sectors (eg., P2P lending and real estate) in the venture funding continuum;
- Provide prime networking and mentoring opportunities for entrepreneurs, small businesses, investors, government, and academic sectors;
- Showcase new and emerging companies from a variety of industries and growth stages;
- Lots of networking opportunities including VIP networking reception at The Spoke Club on March 2 (evening before)
- Be inspired by leading entrepreneurs who share capital raising insights and ‘Stories from the Edge’ (TEDx style presentations)
A few sessions you don't want to miss:
|7:30AM - 8:30AM||Registration and Continental Breakfast|
|8:30AM - 12:30PM||Main auditorium Opening Remarks, Keynotes and TEDx-style sessions, Break, Plenary Sessions:
|12:30PM - 1:15PM||Networking lunch|
|1:15PM - 4:30PM||4 X Concurrent Main Stage:
4 X Tactical Stream (A):
4 X Tactical Stream (CR2):
4 X Live Pitching:
3 X Meet & Greet:
|4:30PM - 5:20PM||Closing Keynotes:
|5:20PM||Closing Remarks: Adam Nanjee (Head of Financial Technology and Innovation, MaRS)|
|5:30PM - 7:00PM||Cocktail Hour Courtesy of LendingArch, Highlander Brew Co. and Quidni Estate Winery
Who should attend the 2016 Canadian Crowdfunding Summit?
Delegates from across the country who are the decision makers in Canada’s fast growing and lucrative crowdfunding industry:
- Startups and SMEs actively raising capital and investors actively seeking to invest
- Industry participants and experts including crowdfunding portals, legal, accounting and finance professionals, regulators, dealer-brokers, consultants, marketers, technology providers and advisory groups
- Entrepreneurial and innovation networks seeking to raise capital and commercialization ventures including incubator/accelerators, entrepreneurs, start-ups, high impact SMEs
- Social enterprise-impact investing companies, non-profits and cause-based organizations actively seeking funding
- Government (federal, provincial, municipal) involved in small business and innovation
- Private angel investors and venture capital groups, fund managers and corporate investors seeking to work emerging crowdfunding companies
- Media journalists and content creators tracking innovation, technology, small business and finance
Help Shape the Future of Crowdfunding
By attending the 2016 Canadian Crowdfunding Summit, you and your organization will have 'ground floor' opportunity to participate and help shape the impact of crowdfunding industry:
- Crowdfunding spurs economic growth, creates jobs, generates revenue and stimulates innovation and entrepreneurship
- It unlocks a new source of efficient and transparent capital to fill ‘Funding Gaps’ in the Canadian economy
- It improves the quality and levels of risk capital funding in Canada to support the next generation of young, innovative firms. Crowdfunding also provides support for underserviced communities across verticals, geography and social economic tiers
- It helps SMEs achieve strong growth through regional and global market diversification and helps connect scalable ventures to angel and venture capital investment groups
- Crowdfunding accelerates the commercialization of new products, ideas and services in Canada that can compete globally and ultimately works to strengthen Canada’s entrepreneurial backbone at grassroots levels
Join Our Rapidly Emerging Industry
- Canadian Crowdfunding (alternative finance, fintech) markets are experiencing rapid growth in operating and planned portals, total funding volume, and successful transactions. (see Canadian Directory)
- Consumer and small business lending marketplaces are rapidly entering the market at competitive rates and streamlined online processes for both borrowers and lenders
- May 14, 2015, The ‘Group of 6’ Canadian provinces including BC, SK, QC, NS, NB, PEI adopted multilateral CSA notice 45-316, Startup Crowdfunding and Registration exemption that enable equity up to $500K per year.
- See Recent Regulatory Developments in Equity Crowdfunding in Canada (Are you ready?)
- Globally, crowdfunding has grown to $16.2 billion in 2014, according to US-based Massolution’s industry research report (March 2015 release) and experts expect to approach $35 billion in 2015
- March 2015, US the SEC released final Reg A+ rules that allow companies to raise up to $50M of equity crowdfunding (Tier II) inclusive of unaccredited investors (more here)
- June 2015, the World Economic Forum announced that Crowdfunding will be a major disruptor in ‘The Future of Financial Services’ for capital raising (view here)
- Oct 19, 2015, the Alberta + Nunavut published a proposed multilateral instrument 45-109 – prospectus exemption for crowdfunding start-up businesses up to $1M issuer lifetime exemption
Need Hotel Accommodation (Preferred Rates)?
Kind thanks to venue and social innovation partner, MaRS Discovery District, for allowing attendees of the 2016 Canadian Crowdfunding Conference to benefit from preferred hotel rates for summit attendees.
A limited number of Student Tickets at $200 + HST are available. Interested parties are required to submit a valid student ID to email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Approved applications will receive a discount code for registration.
There are no refunds for cancellation of your summit registration, or VIP Reception purchase within 15 days of the event. Substitutions are permitted. Direct any inquiries to the National Crowdfunding Association of Canada (NCFA) at: email@example.com. The NCFA collects personal information from you when you register and by registering you consent to your personal information being used and disclosed by the NCFA to supporting partners.
Visit the Conference Website for More info: