March 28th, 2017
Event Halifax (June 19-20, 2013): Atlantic Venture Forum Conference
Atlantic Venture Forum | Posted April 15, 2013
JUNE 19 & 20, 2013 | THE WESTIN NOVA SCOTIAN | HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA
The Atlantic Venture Forum is the new annual event that brings together the best, boldest, most innovative emerging and established IT, Cleantech, and Life Sciences companies in Atlantic Canada. Atlantic Canada has the opportunity to celebrate and further establish its regional leadership in building a vibrant technology commercialization ecosystem of start-ups, high growth companies, venture capital funds, Angel investors, venture capital and other private equity firms, and incubation & tech transfer organizations.
The primary objective of the Atlantic Venture Forum is to build a world class annual financing and partnering forum for the highest potential emerging IT, Cleantech and Life Sciences companies to present their innovations and business models to the most active:
- Angel Investors
- Venture Capital Firms
- Other Private Equity & Venture Debt Firms
- University Technology Transfer Offices
- Technology Incubation & Commercialization Organizations
The Atlantic Venture Forum provides a highly focused networking opportunity for emerging tech companies to showcase their innovations to corporate strategics that can provide the following business development opportunities:
- Market Access
- Demonstration Projects/Field Trials
- Technology Licensing
- Distribution Channels
- Lead/Reference Clients
- M&A Discussions
- Joint Venture Agreements
The Atlantic Venture Forum identifies, screens, and presents the highest potential IT, Cleantech and Life Sciences companies in the greater Atlantic Canada area to the region’s rapidly evolving investment and commercialization ecosystem.
The annual Atlantic Venture Forum is recognized across the eastern seaboard as a key hub of start-up IT, Cleantech and Life Sciences companies, attracting the attention of leading US and Canadian venture capital and other private equity firms. The Atlantic Venture Forum is a fixture on the calendars of the tech start-up, Angel investor, and VC communities and is a core driver of a vibrant entrepreneur, Angel and institutional investor ecosystem.
Additionally, the Atlantic Venture Forum will facilitate the following economic development outcomes:
- Provide emerging tech companies with a platform for moving onto the radar screens of Fortune 500 firms, which constitute the most vibrant M&A market for high growth technology companies.
- Provide an opportunity for emerging company founders to have direct personal contact with influencers and decision makers.
- Provide venture capital funds and other private equity investors with a comprehensive conduit into the Atlantic Canada opportunity landscape.
- Celebrate that Angel investors, VC`s and tech entrepreneurs are part of the same culture – not separate and distinct.
- Assist in addressing existing gaps in the funding continuum for high growth potential technology companies.
- Encourage high quality and increased volume of Angel and institutional financing deal flow that is consistent and competitive - competitive for both the entrepreneurs and their investors.
1181 Hollis Street
Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 2P6
Take Advantage of Our Early Bird Pricing Effective Until May 1, 2013
Atlantic Venture Forum 2013