March 28th, 2017
Event Vancouver (May 28, 2013): Crowdfunding – Another Option For Start-ups, Charities & Education
VEF | May 14, 2013 Posted by Christine McDonald
When: May 28, 2013 (5:00PM - 8:30PM)
Location: Vancity Theatre (1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver, BC)
Early bird rate of $45 in effect. Register today at www.vef.org/events.
* Doors open 5pm, main presentation at 6pm
Crowdfunding - our panel will discuss this rapidly growing way of raising capital which is expected to generate $2.8 billion in 2013 according to Massolution. Our panel will include both crowdfunding companies and those who have used these companies to raise capital as well as an angel
investor at the forefront of equity crowdfunding. Topics the panellists will discuss include;
• How significant is crowdfunding as a means of raising capital?
• What are the different types of crowdfunding?
• What factors maximize crowdfunding success?
• What are the opportunities and risks involved?
• What does the future look like – especially with regards to equity crowdfunding?