April 21st, 2017
OSC Dialogue 2013 – Capital Formation in Canada: Issue or Opportunity
Brian Koscak Blog | Nov 14, 2013
On October 8, 2013 OSC Dialogue took place at the Toronto Board of Trade, 1 First Canadian Place. Moderator David Kaufman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Westcourt Capital Corporation, led a discussion on Capital Formation in Canada: Issue or Opportunity. The distinguished panel involved:
- Kevan Cowan, President, TSX Markets and Group Head of Equities, TMX Group
- Huston Loke, Director, Corporate Finance, OSC
- Jos Schmitt, Chief Executive Officer, Aequitas Innovations Inc.
- Peter Schwartz, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Demeure Operating Company Ltd.
Listen to an excellent discussion on raising capital in Canada that includes dialogue around the following topics:
- Public and private market trends including the convergence of social media and corporate finance
- Equity crowdfunding exemption and OM exemption
- Need for additional capital to fund early stage companies
- Cost of raising capital for startups
- Reasons for disclosure and the cost of suitability
- Potential for less onerous and costly regulations for startups versus more established companies
- Smaller private equity capital raises as a feeder system to public markets
Listen to the 57 mins Podcast Now:
The National Crowdfunding Association of Canada (NCFA Canada) is a cross-Canada crowdfunding hub providing education, advocacy and networking opportunities in the rapidly evolving crowdfunding industry. NCFA Canada is a community-based, membership-driven entity that was formed at the grass roots level to fill a national need in the market place. Join our growing network of industry stakeholders, fundraisers and investors. Increase your organization’s profile and gain access to a dynamic group of industry front runners. Learn more eBrochure | Prezi or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.