Products and Services
DOWNLOAD VIDEO BUNDLE (12 videos + Presentation Decks)
Plenary Sessions: Get exclusive 4hrs 24mins of crowdfunding educational content recorded live on March 3, 2015 at MaRS Discovery in Toronto at the 2015 Canadian Crowdfunding Summit (#CCS2015) for download! Hear from over 25 plenary session crowdfunding experts speak to a variety of hot topics in keynotes, panels and fireside chats.
Presentation Decks: Get CCS2015 Summit Decks (310 page PDF)
Download Individual Videos!
Interested in only certain video content?
Pick and choose videos that you are interested in from the available list below.
Or get the 'CCS2015 Video Pack' (save 60%)
Individual CCS2015 Plenary Session Videos:
To purchase a video click the 'buy video' link. After payment video download files will be immediately available for download. All videos are mp4 format that will be saved to your local device for on-demand playback.
- Opening Remarks: Craig Asano-NCFA, Tim Jackson-MaRS (9mins) or buy video
- Official Opening: MPP, Hon. Brad Duguid-MEDEI (11mins 51secs) or free video
- Morning Keynote: How Equity Crowdfunding is Changing the World of Innovation Finance: Jon Medved-OurCrowd (39mins 41secs) or buy video
- The Potential of Crowdfunding Social Enterprise and Impact Investing: Aaron Emes-Torys LLP, Adam Spence-SVX/MaRS, Tonya Surman-CSI (29mins 54secs) or buy video
- Crowdfunding as the Next Digital Marketing Frontier: Daryl Hatton-FundRazr, Christopher Charlesworth-HiveWire (24mins 18secs) or buy video
- Economic Update and Market Trends: Teri Kirk-The Funding Portal, Avi Goldfarb-Rotman, Doug Cumming-Schulich (21mins 16secs) or buy video
- Role of Crowdfunding in the Funding Ecosystem: Alixe Cormick-Venture Law Corp, Tabitha Creighton-InvestNextDoor, Sunil Sharma-Extreme Venture Partners, Matthew McGrath-Optimize Capital Markets (27mins 54secs) or buy video
- National Perspectives and Update on Crowdfunding Regulations: Brian Koscak-PCMA/Cassels Brock and Blackwell, Matthew Atkey-Torys LLP, Rick Whiler-OSC, Denise Morris-OSC (27mins 39secs) or buy video
- Fireside Chat: Rockstar Funding Success Stories: Mark Evans-ME Consulting, Klever Freire-DreamQii, Andrew Gardner-Polar (27mins 39secs) or buy video
- Closing Key 1: Accessing Capital in China and Solutions for Crowdfunded Companies: John Greutzner-Intercedent (24mins 41 secs) or buy video
- Closing Key 2: Drivers of Change: How Canadian Startups Can Transform the Economy: Alec Saunders-Microsoft (16mins 11secs) or buy video
- Closing Key 3: Stories from the Edge: How Crowdfunding Changed My Life and the Communities Around Me: Brian Meece-Rockethub (17mins 17secs) or buy video
Great Offer on Educational Webinars!
Recorded live on Jul 28, 2015
Total Length: 2 hrs 35 min
File format: stream online or download MPEG-4
Full videos of the workshop content:
1. Angel and VC Investment Perspectives, Funding Options (29 mins 40s)
2. Active Issuer: Coupgon Presentation (11 mins 2s)
3. Equity Crowdfunding Platform: The OCMX Presentation (13 mins 31s)
4. Regulations, legal and compliance in Canada and US (37 mins 26s)
5. Risks & challenges (what not to do) | Best Practices (what to do) (20 mins 38s)
6. Accounting, Tax, Financial planning (29 mins 49s)Read more...
This workshop covers essential equity crowdfunding education for issuers, investors and all other parties interested in understanding equity crowdfunding rules, transactions, international best practices and investment perspectives.
Learn from and interact with active practitioners in crowdfunding markets including platforms (dealers), investors, attorneys, accountants and marketing experts. Click here to view the highlights.
Angel and VC Investment Perspectives, Government Funding Options
- Moderator: Sean Stanleigh, Managing Editor, Globe & Mail
- Sunil Sharma, Managing Partner, Extreme Venture Partners
- Yuri Navarro, Executive Director, NACO
- Marc Kaipio, Capital Markets, The Funding Portal
Raising Capital on an Equity Crowdfunding Platform
- Frank Sinopoli, CEO, Coupgon
- Matthew McGrath, CEO, Optimize Capital Markets
Regulations, Legal and Compliance in Canada and the U.S.
- Jason Saltzman, Partner, Dentons Canada LLP
- Marc Mandel, Senior Managing Associate, Dentons US LLP
Equity Crowdfunding Risks & Challenges vs. Best Practices
- Carlos Pinto Lobo, Chief Compliance Officer, The SVX
- David Shore, Director of Investor Relations, OurCrowd
Accounting, Tax, and Financial Planning
- Alexandra Hardy, CPA, CA, Partner, BDO Canada
- Dan Nagle, CPA, CA, BDO Canada
- Nicole Boucek, CPA, CA, BDO Canada
Craig Asano, Founder & Executive Director, NCFA Canada
Daryl Hatton, CEO/Founder, FundRazr
Alixe Cormick, Founder, Venture Law Corporation
Christopher Charlesworth, Co-founder, HiveWire
Myles Harding, CEO/President, Inline Reference Check
Lyn Blanchard, Founder, Creekstone Consulting Inc.
Ever since the Jobs Act was announced in 2010, equity crowdfunding has gained interest from all industries – so much in fact that “crowdfunding” searches on Google recently outnumbered that of “venture capital”. We’ve seen the success of well-known campaigns such as the Pebble Watch and the economic benefits in terms of GDP; however, where is this exciting movement/industry/trend heading? Join NCFA Canada and special guests as we discuss growing trends and the future outlook for global crowdfunding in 2014, including discussion topics as:
- Market Updates: How is crowdfunding disrupting traditional sources of funding in industries including venture capital, social enterprise and government?
- How have technological trends such as social media, mobile, and cloud computing impacted the growth of crowdfunding? (i.e. FundRazr’s cFaaST Technology)
- The evolution of debt and equity crowdfunding in the US, including title II and title III models
- Emerging equity crowdfunding regulations in Canada and future outlook
Who Should Attend?
This is an educational webinar for those interested in staying current with financial trends, market updates/innovations and equity crowdfunding regulations targeting portals, SMEs, startups, angel investors, VCs, accountants, lawyers and other industry providers.
Recorded live on March 21, 2014
Total Length: 59mins 39 secs
File format: MPEG-4
Crowdfunding is a growing global phenomenon that has allowed entrepreneurs and not-for-profits to raise $5.1 billion globally in 2013 to start new ventures and launch new products. It is an essential arrow in the entrepreneur’s capital raising efforts and should not be ignored.
Join Lyn Blanchard, crowdfunding expert, NCFA Ambassador and President of Creekstone Consulting, who delivers this information packed webinar titled “Learn the Secrets to Reward-based Crowdfunding Success”.
This webinar covers the following topics and content: Read more...
- 4S Framework of Capital Raising
- Crowdsourcing vs Crowdfunding
- Staircases to Capital
- Types of Crowdfunding
- Benefits of Crowdfunding
- Is Crowdfunding Right for you?
- Crowdfunding Cycles (pre-launch, launch, post)
- Tour of a Crowdfunding Campaign
- Rewards and Perks
- Crowdfunding platforms
- Automation and outsourcing
- 6 Ways to Increase Your Capital by 8x
- Below is a collection of recommended books by NCFA Canada about crowdfunding, entrepreneurship, innovation, investing and small businesses. Please help build a list of great content by recommending top publications for inclusion (firstname.lastname@example.org).
by Jacoline Loewen
Learn from VC and private equity experts - where to find them, what they want, and how to get them to invest in you.
by Anna Maguire
Absorb Anna's passion for crowdfunding and get acquainted with top notch crowdfunding platforms at the same time.
The Crowdfunding Revolution
by Kevin Lawton & Dan Marom
Mandatory reading if you're active in the industry or planning to be.
by Amy Cortese
Meet impact investing pioneers and explore socially productive financial alternatives.
Storytelling for Startups
by Mark Evans
How Fast-Growing Companies Can Embrace the Power of Story-Driven Marketing.
NCFA Members Get 25% Discount Code = NCFAC100Massolution’s annual crowdfunding industry reports have become recognized as the gold standard for annual reporting on the size, composition and outlook for the worldwide crowdfunding industry. Comprehensive, reality-based assessment of the crowdfunding industry, based on data gathered for 1,250 funding platforms worldwide and analysis from massolution's industry-leading brain trust.dLike the widely-cited 2013CF report, it digs deep and does the math to show crowdfunding volume worldwide for 2013 and 2014 and provides massolution’s forecast for crowdfunding in 2015. Analysis is provided by model, region and crowdfunding category.fasdf
Massolution is a unique research, advisory and implementation firm that specializes in crowdsourcing solutions for private, public and social enterprises. Massolutions works with leading organizations to deliver crowdsourcing business models that access an on-demand, scalable workforce, to deliver improved business performance and to drive product and service innovation and enhanced levels of customer engagement.