March 28th, 2017
Webinar (Jan 19, 2016): The New Equity Crowdfunding Regime – Are You Ready?
Osgoode Professional Development | December 9, 2015
Webinar (eligible for CPD credit hours) hosted by Osgoode Professional Development
Date: Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Time: 12:00 PM - 1:15 PM
New equity crowdfunding rules set to come into force on January 25, 2016. Are you ready?
The crowdfunding landscape in Canada is changing rapidly. With the OSC’s introduction of the new Multilateral Instrument 45-108: Crowdfunding, Ontario will soon join other provinces in the implementation of a new equity crowdfunding regime.
In this 75 minute OsgoodePD webinar, an outstanding faculty of legal and industry experts will guide you through the key elements of the new equity crowdfunding rules. Whether you are advising or working for a company that relies upon crowdfunding, or are an angel investor or portal operator, take advantage of this opportunity to get up to speed on the new equity crowdfunding regime and become better equipped to maximize the benefits of this new fundraising tool.
This dynamic and informative discussion will provide practical insight on:
- Overview of the new equity crowdfunding regime (MI 45-108), and the impact on portal operators, businesses and investors
- Interplay between existing and new prospectus exemptions typically used for crowdfunding, including the Accredited Investor, Offering Memorandum and new Crowdfunding exemptions
- The crowdfunding landscape across Canada – how will it change with the new regime?
- Strategies for navigating the patchwork of provincial crowdfunding rules
- Identifying, avoiding and mitigating the risks when raising capital through equity crowdfunding
- Special issues affecting platform and portal operators, including compliance best practices for effective due diligence on companies and investors
- Who’s watching? How compliance will be monitored in the new regime
Top legal and industry experts with hands-on crowdfunding experience will take you through everything you need to know to advise on and comply with the new equity crowdfunding regime.
Who Should Attend:
- General corporate/business lawyers
- Securities lawyers
- In-house counsel
- Crowdfunding portal/platform operators
- Executives at start-ups
- Entrepreneurs seeking to raise capital
- Investors and venture capital groups
- Craig Asano, Executive Director at the National Crowdfunding Association of Canada
- Pat B. Chaukos, Manager, Compliance and Registrant Regulation, Ontario Securities Commission
- Jo-Anne Matear, Manager, Corporate Finance Branch, Ontario Securities Commission
- Jason Saltzman, Dentons Canada
- Adam Spence, Director, Social Venture Connexion (SVX), MaRS Centre for Impact Investing
Enter Code "NCFA" and Receive a FREE Digital Download: July 28, Equity Crowdfunding Bootcamp Video <<<
To claim your free recording of NCFA's Equity Crowdfunding Bootcamp hosted on July 28, 2015:
- Please be sure to apply the code "NCFA" when registering for the The New Equity Crowdfunding Regime webinar hosted by Osgoode Professional Development.
- Once registered, please forward your confirmed registration email to email@example.com and request the free 'Jul 28 Equity Crowdfunding Bootcamp' discount code.
The National Crowdfunding Association of Canada (NCFA Canada) is a cross-Canada non-profit actively engaged with both social and investment crowdfunding stakeholders across the country. NCFA Canada provides education, research, leadership, support and networking opportunities to over 1300+ members and works closely with industry, government, academia, community and eco-system partners and affiliates to create a strong and vibrant crowdfunding industry in Canada. Learn more About Us or visit www.ncfacanada.org.