September 26th, 2018
[Nov 16, Toronto Event]: New Frontiers in Capital Innovation – Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs)
Event Overview: SOLD OUT!
Date/Time: Nov 16, 2017 (3:00pm - 6pm)
Venue: Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP, 100 King St. West, Suite 1600
First Canadian Place (Map)
Educational afternoon event plus networking (refreshments will be served)
Registration: $25 (Early), $35 (Members), $45 (Standard) + HST
Limited tickets - reserve your seat today SOLD OUT!
Seeking Opportunities? CHECK OUT VanFUNDING 2017 NOV 28 VANCOUVER
Event Sponsors and Presenting Partners:
Interested in getting involved? firstname.lastname@example.org
Blockchain + Crowdfunding = Initial Coin Offerings
A new funding mechanism using distributed ledger technology (Blockchain) with the potential for massive disruption of public (IPOs) and private markets (venture capital) has exploded globally and is hotter than hot. Often referred to as 'Crowdsales', Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) and tokens represent the next generation of Crowdfinance and P2P online capital and community aggregation having raised in excess of $1 billion in the first half of 2017. ICOs are fully digital offers that are designed and sold using the protocols of smart contract technology inherent on public blockchains such as Ethereum that are quickly evolving.
Join us for an afternoon of focused expert discussions followed by an opportunity to network with active participants in the sector. If you are an investor, a company actively raising capital or key stakeholder in capital markets innovation then this is a must attend event for you that will include in depth panel discussions, presentations, Q&A and networking at venue partner Gowling WLG in Toronto.
Agenda and Speakers:
3:00pm Registration opens
3:30pm Content kicks off
Part 1: Initial Coin Offerings and the Future of Blockchain Technology
Part 2: The Anatomy of an ICO
6-6:30pm Event wrap-up
Why attend this seminar?
- This is essential knowledge for any one interested in emerging Alternative Finance mechanisms and markets quickly evolving on the Blockchain - Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs, Tokens, Crypto)
- Expert perspectives delivered by companies and investors that 'live and breath' the topics being discussed every day.
- Rapid learning format. Get exposure to the most important elements in a short period of time.
- Opportunity to ask questions and answers and network with speakers and experts.
Questions you can expect to be answered
- What is an blockchain-enabled crypto currency, coin, initial coin offering, token?
- What problems are ICOs solving and what is the potential impact they will have on venture financing?
- What do initial coin offerings (ICOs) mean for markets, exchanges, investors and companies?
- What are the latest trends, insights and examples of successful (and not successful) ICOs/tokens?
- What are the hottest ICO sectors and why?
- Is an ICO a suitable fit for our business?
- Steps to conducting an ICO (ie framework, components and timeline)
- Design considerations for tokens and transactions
- How to plan for and and execute an ICO
- What is the current legal status of securities-based ICOs and emerging regulations?
- What are the current regulations and potential of ICOs in Canada, and how do we compare to other jurisdictions?
- Explore the nature of ICOs and associated risks, costs and financial implications of launching an ICO product to market; or investing in this asset class.
Who should attend event?
- Innovators, investors, ICO and Crowdfinance/P2P/Fintech decision makers, professionals, advisors, and entreprepreneurial and innovation networks in the alternative finance sector.
- Startups and SME businesses interested in raising capital from initial coin offering (ICO) and crowdfinancing markets that want to learn about emerging opportunities, regulations, strategies, costs and risks.
- Investors of all types interested in participating in ICOs and investments online including retail investors, accredited investors, angel investors, VC groups and affiliates, fund managers etc.
- Prospective funding portals or EMDs looking to move their practice online, or add crypto/ICO/token related products to their offerings.
About the Event Sponsors and Presenting Partners:
The National Crowdfunding Association of Canada (NCFA Canada) is a cross-Canada non-profit actively engaged with both social and investment crowdfunding, alternative finance, fintech, P2P, ICO, and online investing stakeholders across the country. NCFA Canada provides education, research, industry stewardship, and networking opportunities to over 1600+ members and works closely with industry, government, academia, community and eco-system partners and affiliates to create a strong and vibrant crowdfunding industry in Canada.
For more information, please visit: ncfacanada.org
Gowling WLG is an international law firm created by the combination of Gowlings, a leading Canadian law firm, and Wragge Lawrence Graham & Co (WLG), a leading UK-based international law firm. With more than 1,400 legal professionals in 19 cities across Canada, the UK, Continental Europe, the Middle East and Asia, Gowling WLG provides clients with top-tier legal advice at home and abroad in a range of areas. Our clients have access to in-depth expertise and experience in key global sectors, including advanced manufacturing, energy, financial services, infrastructure, life sciences, natural resources, real estate and tech. We see the world through our clients’ eyes, and collaborate across countries, offices, service areas and sectors to help them succeed – no matter how challenging the circumstances. Our culture is, above all, about people and teams, based on our belief in the power of relationships to deliver tangible business results.
For more information, please visit: gowlingwlg.com
Blocksale (BOK) – is a decentralized application network for accredited investors and ITOs built on the Ethereum blockchain. Blocksale will be the first AML KYC compliant ITO presale buying group. Blocksale, known as BOK, is an exclusive presale group specifically made for accredited investors looking to acquire tokens from Initial Token Offerings (ITOs) in the presale stages where the token value can be ten cents on the dollar compared to the value during the actual ITO offering. The goal of BOK is to set an industry standard in ITO presales by building a large international customer base that will only be investing in best of breed ITOs. Our proprietary AI technology will be developed to analyze all ITOs past present and future. It will determine what properties define best of class in ITOs to increase the chances for successful investments. By correlating cryptoeconomic and geopolitical data with historical ITOs the AI technology will forecast the potential ROI from each individual offering. Alongside the functionality of AI integration, BOK will also be launching a Decentralized Applications (DApps) Network to facilitate the end-toend process for clients, maximizing end user experience. All of these different functionalities gather to form a long-term growth platform.
For more information, please visit: blocksale.io
Pegasus Fintech, Inc. focuses on supporting innovative solutions in the Financial Services, Technology, Blockchain and Cryptocurrency communities. Pegasus has developed a full-service process for assisting organizations who want to do an Initial Coin Offering (ICO). Together with our team of highly skilled industry professionals and partners we create, with our clients, the necessary business, legal, accounting, technology development, capital and funding strategies, whitepapers, roadmaps, marketing and sales processes to deploy successful and compliant ICOs. Pegasus also has created an integrated network platform, called the Pegasus Matrix, supporting interactivity through Pegasus supported ICO use cases. This provides investors and Token holders the ability to use any Token within the Pegasus Matrix and to facilitate market liquidity.
For more information, please visit: pegasusfintech.com
For more information, please visit: polymath.network
LG Blockchain is a global blockchain consulting and development firm headquartered in Toronto with a distributed team across North America, Europe and Asia that is focused on building next generation applications using blockchain and smart contract technology. MLG Blockchain is blockchain agnostic and is experienced working with many blockchain fabrics.
For more information, please visit: MLG Blockchain Consulting
AiBB is an Ai assistant application which incorporates various blockchain networks, smart contracts, a trading and asset management platform into a voice-controlled application. With the challenges facing the cryptocurrency industry, we recognized the need for an Ai assisted application like AiBB to support safer and smarter trades as well as asset protection while knowing what your tax liabilities are. We have carefully curated a team of developers, thought leaders, strategists, and subject matter experts – some of the brightest minds from Silicon Valley and the tech world – to bring AiBB to market.
For more information, please visit: AiBB.io
Register now - limited capacity! SOLD OUT!
Interested in getting involved?
Interested in learning more about this event or opportunities to get involved as a partner, please email to email@example.com