Vancouver Conference (Oct 18): VanFUNDING 2016 Fintech Crowdfunding (Launch, Connect, Grow)
VanFUNDING 2016 is Back for its 2nd Year!
Tuesday, OCTOBER 18, 2016
Get VanFUNDED! (Equity, Debt, Rewards & Fintech)
Innovation | Entrepreneurship | Private Capital Networks | Investors
For more information, please visit: vanfundingconf.ca
OCT 17-18: VanFUNDING 2016 ALL ACCESS
FULL DAY CONFERENCE + VIP NETWORKING
Date: Tuesday, October 18, 2016
Venue: The Imperial Vancouver (location & parking)
319 Main Street, Vancouver, BC, V6A 2S9
Time: 7:30am – 7:00pm (Registration opens from 7:30am)
OCT 17: VIP NETWORKING RECEPTION (ONLY)
Date: Monday, October 17, 2016
Venue: Donnelly Group Hospitality Suite (elevator to 3rd floor)
300 - 595 Hornby Street, Financial District, Vancouver BC, V6C 2E8
Time: 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Registration: $50 Members / $75 Standard
On Oct 18, join NCFA and partners at #VanFUNDING 2016, for a 'not to be missed' full day conference in downtown Vancouver all about igniting online venture funding markets in Canada and providing opportunities for startups and scaleups seeking access to private capital markets, investors, and partners to expand their networks. 50 high profile speakers in a jam packed, dynamic format with keynote(s), panel discussions, workshops, entrepreneurial pitches, industry pitch and meet, mentoring and exhibitor/demo lounge with leading fintech crowdfunding companies, investors, platforms, providers and the entire crowd-economy.
- VanFUNDING 2016 is an annual Fintech Crowdfunding conference for innovative ventures and businesses seeking to raise seed and growth capital from online crowdfunding markets.
- The 2nd Annual VanFUNDING 2016 Conference (#VanFUNDING) will be held on Tuesday, October 18 @ The Imperial Vancouver featuring a full day educational and networking program with a leading group of capital market innovators, investors and enablers in the Canadian fintech crowdfunding and alternative finance sectors.
- With new crowdfunding regulations and strong investor appetite for innovative fintech companies, 2016 is full of opportunity as markets continue to form and grow. Canadian Crowdfunding markets are experiencing significant growth in terms of the number of funding portals, total funding volume (~$150-200 million in 2015), and portal operational growth (Canadian Directory).
- In the US, online alternative finance market surged to $36 billion in 2015 (KPMG report).
What Content will be covered?
Vital fintech crowdfunding topics will cover rewards, debt and equity crowdfunding; blockchain; new financial technology innovations; impact investing; market provisioning and infrastructure; legal and financial considerations and crowdfunding’s impact on angel investment and venture capital funds.
Who Should Attend VanFUNDING 2016?
Decision makers from coast-to-coast and around the globe in Canada’s fast growing and lucrative fintech crowdfunding industry such as:
- Startups/SMEs actively raising capital and seeking business outcomes to launch or grow their venture
- Early stage accredited and retail investors, angels, VC groups, fund managers and corporate investors actively seeking to invest and create value with emerging fintech crowdfunding companies
- Industry participants and experts including crowdfunding portals, legal, accounting and finance professionals, regulators, dealer-brokers, consultants, marketers, fintech providers & advisory groups
- Entrepreneurial and innovation networks seeking to raise capital and commercialization ventures including incubator/accelerators, entrepreneurs, start-ups, high impact SMEs
- Community development groups, social enterprise-impact investing companies, non-profits and cause-based organizations actively seeking funding
- All levels of government and academic hubs involved in small business incubation and innovation
- Media journalists and content creators tracking innovation, technology, small business and finance
What to Expect?
- Immersive Full Day Experience – Curated Programming
- Market Insight & Access (expert speakers and industry practitioners)
- Entrepreneurial Pitching Showcase
- Pitch & Meet industry opportunities
- Community: Networking, networking, networking
VanFUNDING 2016 PROGRAMMING
Great Line-up of Fintech Crowdfunding Speakers and Venture Funding Content:
With over 50 speaking participants and a long list of hot topics across 30 sessions, #VanFUNDING is a not to be missed Fintech and Venture Funding conference for professionals, vendors, startups, scaleups, ecosystem supporters and emerging industry players. Register With VanFUNDING Network Discount to Ensure Your Spot!
- Bundeep Rangar, Finequia CEO on "The Rise of Fintech and Its Potential Impact on Public and Private Markets"
- Caroline Ong, IBM Canada, Partner, Global Business Services, Analytics and Cognitive Leader on "IBM Watson in the Cognitive Era”
- Sherwood (Woodie) Neiss, Crowdfund Capital Advisors/Venture Fund on "Global Data Analysis & crowdfunding trends: Roadmap for Innovation and Economic Growth"
- Elliot Mak from the BC Securities Commission will deliver a workshop on the 'Mechanics of Securities Crowdfunding – What you need to know'
- Alixe Cormick, President of Venture Law Corp and Jennifer Lucas, Managing Partner of Evans and Evans Inc. on Capital raising options for start-ups and scale-ups?
- Christian Cotichini of HeroX and Daryl Hatton of FundRazr break it down fireside to talk about "The unlimited potential of Crowdsourcing and incentives"
- Corey Herscu of Herscu & Goldsilver delivers invaluable insight on getting media’s attention "How to guarantee the media opens your pitch emails"
- Bernd Petak of Finstripe highlights Key lessons from The DAO, a $146M decentralized crowdfunding experiment
- Looking into Cross-border crowdfinancing options in the United States? George Georgiades of AltFinEsq and Bob Poole of Davidson and Company discuss opportunities for Canadian issuers to tap US using via Reg A/+
- We built this city: Fintech Innovators from Lendified, Katipult, RentMoola and Wealthbar, along with Bill Tam, BCTIA CEO, talk innovation and the Future of financial services
For a complete list of conference participants, speakers and event schedule visit the VanFUNDING conference website.
VanFUNDING Full Day Conference Venue (OCT 18th)
The Imperial Vancouver (319 Main Street, Vancouver BC, V6A 2S9) is a 6,000+ square foot stylish state-of-the-art private event and multimedia facility located in the city’s urban core and will provide a great VanFUNDING 2016 experience for 300+ participants. The three main areas that will be used for the conference are the (1) Main Stage, plus the Mezzanine; (2) Lounge and (3) The Gallery.
GET READY FOR LIFTOFF!
With new crowdfunding regulations and strong investor appetite for innovative fintech companies, 2016 is full of opportunity as markets continue to form and grow. The 2nd Annual VanFUNDING 2016 Conference (#VanFUNDING) will be held on October 18 @ The Imperial Vancouver and will feature a full day program with a leading group of capital markets innovators, investors and enablers in the Canadian fintech crowdfunding and alternative finance markets. Here’s a RARE opportunity to participate, engage and become part of this dynamic industry. Join the fintech crowd and help shape one of the fastest growing industries around.
Visit Conference URL for more info: Vanfundingconf.ca
Help Shape the Future of Fintech Crowdfunding!
Are you a startup or scaleup seeking seed or growth capital? Apply to pitch live on Oct 18th!
Apply to Speak at VanFUNDING 2016! here
Help make this full day conference awesome! Seeking amazing volunteers with event experience....Join Us Apply Now
There's still time to get involved as a Conference Partner to bolster profile/brand - Contact us ASAP
Qualified media with credentials can apply for media passes here
Haven't been to an NCFA Canada event before?
Click to view our previous events: here
The National Crowdfunding Association of Canada (NCFA Canada) is a cross-Canada non-profit actively engaged with both social and investment crowdfunding stakeholders across the country. NCFA Canada provides education, research, leadership, support and networking opportunities to over 1300+ members and works closely with industry, government, academia, community and eco-system partners and affiliates to create a strong and vibrant crowdfunding industry in Canada. Learn more at ncfacanada.org.